In the USA, the CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention) have issued surprising advice relating to the relaxing of coronavirus restrictions for people have been fully vaccinated. These would be unheard of in this country, with the cautious approach of all 4 Nations of the UK. People are defined as fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Astra Zenica vaccines :
You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask.
You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household (for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk of severe illness from Covid-19
If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
However, fully vaccinated individuals still need to follow standard social distancing measures :
- You should still take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations, like wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Take these precautions whenever you are:
- In public
- Gathering with unvaccinated people from more than one other household
- Visiting with an unvaccinated person
- You should still avoid medium or large-sized gatherings.
- You should still delay domestic and international travel. If you do travel, you’ll still need to follow CDC requirements and recommendations.
- You should still watch out for symptoms of covid-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
- You will still need to follow guidance at your workplace. click full source.
In the UK and in Wales in particular, there is no distinction between people who have been vaccinated and those who have not. Indeed, the guidance for fully vaccinated people is to still follow all social distancing measures. Some relaxation in Covid restrictions in Wales are due to be announced on Friday, and any “stay-local” policies introduced if lockdown measures are eased are likely to differ depending on what part of Wales people live in. There will certainly be no guidance on how vaccinated people should behave. click full article.